Can’t wait for your Hawaiian vacation getaway? Wouldn’t it be so much better if you could do some things that were absolutely FREE? Well, you can! Here are 10 FREE things to do while vacationing in Maui.
1. Take a trip on over to Iao Valley State Park. Here you can walk around the gardens and hike throughout the park. Trails range in difficulty and will fit everyone’s level.
2. Visit Ho’okipa Park. I grew up swimming every weekend here and it is beautiful. Nowadays it’s filled with surfers and windsurfers so you can enjoy the shallow reefs or sit on the white sand beach and check out the talented Hawaii surfers.
3. Drive out to Hana. This is an absolute must do when visiting Maui. The road is brutal with many hairpin turns and sheer drops to the ocean below. But it’s also a magnificent drive. Beautiful lush greenery on one side and the Pacific Ocean on the other will make the drive well worth it. You’ll cross over 50+ bridges and once in Hana take in some of its history and beauty.
4. Explore Lahaina. Stop by the visitor center and pick up a self-walking guide. Check out all of the local artist shops as well as world renowned artists.
5. Enjoy the beach. Maui is known for its beautiful beaches and you’ll know why once you’re there. One of my favorite beaches is Black Rock. As a teen we’d jump of the cliff into the ocean below. I don’t think this is allowed anymore due to liability but you can still enjoy the amazing snorkeling.
6. Take a drive up to Haleakala. Admission into the park is $10 and well worth it. But if you chose not to enter you can still enjoy the drive up and the views all along the way.
7. Visit Paia Town. It was recently voted as one of the happiest cities in the country and you’ll find out why when you visit this charming town. It’s filled with small boutiques, quaint restaurants, and art galleries.
8. Enjoy a Free Hula show at Kaanapali Beach hotel. This show takes place right off of the beach on the hotel grounds. It’s usually held on Monday’s and Saturdays but check with the hotel before heading out that way.
9. Check out Whalers Museum. Open daily the museum offers free admission to over 200,000 visitors a year. Learn about Maui during the 1800’s and whalers during this time. 10. Check out Makena Beach. Take a long walk along the beautiful beach then put on your snorkeling gear and jump in the blue ocean. You will see a lot of fish and don’t be surprised if you see a turtle or two.
Maui has so much to offer and many of it is Free. Share your Hawaiian vacation experience with us and send in your photos we would love to hear about your trip. For the perfect Hawaiian vacation why not wear a Hawaiian dress or Aloha Shirt and get it the spirit of Hawaii. For the best authentic Hawaiian clothes for the entire family visit SHAKATIME. Aloha!