I love living in Hawaii and feel fortunate to have been born and raised there my entire life. The weather is usually perfect, the beaches are warm and crystal clear, and you’ll find many world class resorts on every island. Even though I live on the islands sometimes I like to take mini vacations and enjoy the word class resorts the islands have to offer. With so many fine resorts to choose from how will you decide? Are you looking for 5 star swanky resorts with all the amenities yet still rich in true Hawaiian culture? Then here are a few choices to get you started on your search.
- The Ritz Carlton Kaplua on the island of Maui. Here you will have the award winning beach Flemings just a few steps away. Snorkel along coral reefs as part of their environmental program via Jean-Michael Cousteua’s Ambassadors of the Environmental program. Enjoy luxurious outdoor cabanas and private garden showers. Or play a round of golf at a famous championship course. The Ritz combines an authentic Hawaiian experience along with world class amenities and facilities.
- The Four Seasons Lana’I Located above the beautiful Hulop’e Beach and near a championship golf course the Four Seasons has been voted Best Beach and Hotel by Travel and Leisure Readers. Here you will find exotic plants and wildlife. Or explore rich Hawaiian culture at an archaeological site. Rooms feature garden views or ocean views with a private balcony or lanai. Finish off with one of the resorts decadent spa treatment and then enjoy world class cuisine.
- The Kahala resort on the island of Oahu is set on a white sand beach and within minutes of world class shopping and entertainment. This resort has long been a favorite with royalty, presidents, and celebrities. With 338 rooms, 5 restaurants, and a world class spa the hotel is intimate yet has everything you need. Enjoy the private lagoon with the resorts own dolphins or relax on the white sand beach just steps away.
- Turtle Bay Resort on the island of Oahu’s North Shore is ideal for families. Enjoy the laid back lifestyle and the 5 miles of beach front that the property sits on. Take a surfing lesson or just sit back and enjoy watching the surf. Select a guest room or suite or enjoy a private beach front cottage.
- Four Seasons Hualalai is the Big Islands luxury resort. Secluded bungalows feel intimate and a Polynesian style decor and ocean view provides the perfect ambiance for a Hawaiian vacation. Play a round on the resorts Jack Nicklaus golf course or enjoy one of the five pools the resort has to offer. If you want to be more active you can take a scuba lesson or a Hawaiian outrigger canoe ride.
When planning your trip to Hawaii be sure to do a little bit of research. Read reviews from previous travelers and blogs from locals who can give you tips on where to stay, play, and eat. Check out what to pack so you’ll be prepared with everything you need such as your Hawaiian Dresses, Local Sandals, Sarongs – Pareos, or cover ups, Bikinis and Hawaiian Sun Tan Lotions and Sun Screen protection. Then turn off you phones and enjoy a true Hawaiian vacation!
Aloha from your friends at Shaka Time Hawaii!